Saturday, November 8, 2008

Most Impressive Gathering

A little over two thousand years ago a group gathered at a table, broke bread, drank wine, and had fellowship. The last supper, with Jesus at the center of the table, has to be undoubtedly the most historically significant and discussed meal of all time. On Thursday Nov. 6th, I think I sat at a table and ate a meal that will be ranked 2nd all time. How rare it is to have the opportunity to break bread (actually a croissant with lunch meat, cheese, and yogurt?? spread and Kitchen Cooked potato chips) with such fine people. I was so blessed and my only regret is that my Pam wasn't able to be with us.


Yes, the Youth For Christ 2008 Annual Fundraising Luncheon, R & P table #17 at Weaver Ridge Golf Club, was a highlight of my year. Thanks go to Adam & Janette Ackerman, Gary Webb, Debbie Jackson, Brian Schwammlein, and Sonya & Sammy Waller for making it such a special event. Special thanks to Adam for not sporting facial hair for the event. It is tough for me being around Northwoods guys with their facial hair and Adam's support of my smooth chin look means so much. (Click on the YFC link above to see pics of everyone leaving for NYC last night. Don't start missing them just yet, they'll be back home tomorrow afternoon.)

Now a question...was it President Bush or President elect Obama that got the oil companies to lower the price of gas to less than $2 a gallon? I saw it with my own eyes this morning. I honestly never thought I would see a gallon of gas go for less than $2 ever again. Whoever it was, I hope he gets a chance to talk to the Rave theater about how much they charge for popcorn and sodas pretty soon.


No comments: